Week #2! :)
I think it’s about time that we move to week 2, day 1(or day 6).
Here’s start of the busy week. Week 1 is demo week, this week is where we went getting giddy and be stressed on the strenuous activities.
These are the things that happened on the start of week 2 and will be the routine from now on.
- Have to wake up and go to school do MEP (mis en place) for the day, before the clock hits 7am. It’s up to you if what time you’ll go to the school. As long as you finish the prep before 7, you’ll good to go.
- We’ll be having individual practicals every Friday, our very first this week would be a layered cake.
- We will cook and make the dessert for the whole school’s buffet, both AM and PM pax.
- Some of the dish that are new (those that are not introduced on week 1), will be made and demoed by Chef Ernie. Then we’ll get to do it in the rest.
- 5 cakes are made today, one on each group. Our group made Strawberry Shortcake.
- We’ll get to have lunch now (cooked by the Culinary peeps).
- At the end of class, we’ll do a designated task that is normally done inside the kitchen daily (inventory, cleaning, sharpening of knives etc.).
- MEP for tomorrow.
It’ll be a busy day from now on. I like it. Things are getting rigorous as time goes by. I hope I’ll do good on my first practical.